| Forum StrefaGłosu - nauka śpiewu i emisji głosu online! http://forum.strefaglosu.pl/ |
|
| Let’s learn more about Jacksonville’s new signal-caller http://forum.strefaglosu.pl/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=7589 |
Strona 1 z 1 |
| Autor: | chenyan94 [ poniedziałek, 2 grudnia 2019, 04:40 ] |
| Tytuł: | Let’s learn more about Jacksonville’s new signal-caller |
from BGN’sBrandon Lee Gowton Logan Cooke Jerseys 2019 , who has covered Foles during his time in Philly."WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Jaguars Free Agency 2016Jaguars Film RoomNFL DraftJaguars Injury NewsLatest NewsNFL Free Agency5 questions with Bleeding Green Nation: Can Nick Foles live up to his massive contract? New,46commentsLet’s learn more about Jacksonville’s new signal-caller from BGN’sBrandon Lee Gowton, who has covered Foles during his time in Philly. EDTShareTweetShareShare5 questions with Bleeding Green Nation: Can Nick Foles live up to his massive contract? Chuck Cook-USA TODAY SportsThe Jaguars were linked to quarterback Nick Foles all offseason long, and that quickly came to fruition as the “legal tampering” period opened Monday, and Jacksonville will reportedly be signing Foles to a four-year, $88 million contract. Foles is a polarizing player, and Jaguars fans seem to be split on if this is a good signing or not. To help give us some more perspective on Foles, we spoke to Brandon Lee Gowton, managing editor of Bleeding Green Nation — SB Nation’s Philadelphia Eagles website. Here is what Brandon had to say on Foles: 1. Nick Foles’ contract is reported to be a four-year, $88 million deal with $50-plus million in guarantees. This is the kind of contract many Jaguars fans were hoping to avoid. Do you believe Foles can live up to this contract? Why or why not? My gut reaction is that I don’t feel like he’s going to live up to it. Make no mistake: Foles was fantastic backup for the Eagles. He’ll always be a legend in Philadelphia. But I’m just not convinced that him starting a 16 game season — which he’s never done — is going to look as good as his biggest supporters think it will. Foles is a high-variance player who can look really good in smaller stretches. I have my doubts about his ability to excel over longer periods of time.Now, with that said, Foles has certainly made me look like an idiot before. I thought the Eagles’ season was over when Carson Wentz went down in 2017. I didn’t think Foles stood much of a chance to help the Eagles in the playoffs, let alone go on to become the first friggin Super Bowl MVP in franchise history. When Foles is locked in Black Ronnie Harrison Jerseys , he’s capable of looking pretty awesome. He’ll get himself in a rhythm where he looks unshakable. Perfect pinpoint accuracy. Good decision-making. Completely composed. Then there are times when he makes you want to pull your hair out. Failing to see the field well. Missing easy throws. Unable to get away from pressure. Injury issues. Honestly, I’m very interested to see how Foles does with the Jags. Again, I have my reservations. I hope I’m wrong about them because it’d obviously be great to see him succeed. I think I just need to see him play a full 16-game season before I fully believe he’s a viable long-term starter. If history repeats itself, you’ll be able to come back to these answers and laugh about how dumb I was to doubt him. 2. What are Foles strengths and weaknesses? Do you believe he can be a franchise quarterback? I already touched on some of these things above but just to reemphasize …Strengths: Composed. Capable of delivering in the clutch. Accurate. Willing to take the easy play. Intelligent. Great teammate. Surprisingly mobile in the pocket. Willingness to chuck it deep. Can get the ball out fast when needed. Weaknesses: Maddeningly inconsistent. Can look lost when his confidence is shot. Leaves easy plays on the field. Isn’t a real threat to take off running. Needs the system to work for him. I think Foles has a chance to succeed if he has a strong support system around him. I don’t think he’s leading a team to great success in spite of adversity around him. 3. Do you think Foles and the Jaguars are a good fit? Why or why not? From the outside looking in, I can see the appeal. The Jaguars feel like they’re ready to win now after only being a season removed from the AFC Championship Game. They have defensive talent and a running back to help Foles. Not to mention his former quarterbacks coach in John DeFilippo running the offense. My fear with Foles back before he left the Eagles in 2014 is that Philly was going to be mired in mediocrity with him as their full-time starter. That’s the worst place to be, in my view. I worry that the Jaguars might be in that situation where Foles is good enough to prevent Jacksonville from betting out but not necessarily good enough to make the Jags true contenders on a yearly basis. I think Foles’ high-variance nature will kind of even out over an extended sample size. That’s to say I think he’ll have some really good games and some really bad games. I think the Jags will find themselves hovering around 8-8. 4. Foles will be reuniting with his former quarterbacks coach, John Defilippo, who is now the offensive coordinator in Jacksonville. How much of Foles’ success in the 2017 playoff run can be attributed to DeFilippo, or would you say it was more on Frank Reich and Doug Pederson? Flip has a good track record of coaching quarterbacks so I think it’s only fair that he gets some credit. With that said, Foles has also had success in the league without Flip, so it’s not like it was all him. I also wonder about Flip as a play-caller compared to merely being a quarterbacks coach. If I was running the team taking the shot on Foles, I’d feel better about having a guy that knows him well like Flip. The Jags should be able to design some stuff that has worked well for Foles over the past two season, such as the use of RPOs. Familiarity is important because Ronnie Harrison Jerseys 2019 , again, Foles needs the system to work for him. You don’t just stick him out there and hope his natural talent carries you to victory. You have to have a good plan for him to execute. He’s been at his best when he’s playing the “point guard” role in the offense, distributing the ball to his play-makers.5. Would you say Foles is a good leader? Do you think he can immediately come in and be a strong locker room presence for the Jaguars? Foles is a very good leader. He’s not necessarily a rah-rah guy but he’s always been incredibly well-respected and well-liked. He’s just a very genuine and kind human being. Doug Pederson has praised him for his calming presence in the past. Eagles players always rallied around Foles when he had to enter the lineup over the past two years. I fully expect him to earn the trust and respect of his teammates in Jacksonville. Thank you to Brandon for taking the time to answer my questions and give us better insight into Foles. For more crossover articles, check out my responses on Bleeding Green Nation regarding Philadelphia’s signing of Malik Jackson.The Fantasy Life: Week 5 Thursday start and sit START QB Tom Brady, PatriotsIf you’re wondering why Tom Terrific isn’t considered a must start it’sbecause he hasn’t had the start to the season that everyone is used to. Is it age? Are there skills diminishing? The answers to those questionsare no.His weapons are not the best, but that might change with his favorite target coming off suspension in Julian Edelman. I believe he will have a great game as he’s going up against the Colts you just gave up 375 yards and two touchdowns to Deshaun Watson. Also, don’t discount the Josh Gordon impact.This may be the game where Brady once again becomes a must start.Projection: 343 yards passing and 3 touchdowns QB Andrew Luck, ColtsLuck was back to his old self, throwing four touchdowns but more importantly averaging over 7 yards per attempt. With a running game presently sitting at 29th in the league, Luck is the Colts only hope at being competitive. If they’re going to have any chance to win this game he’s going to have to produce some good numbers which means a great fantasy day. Projection: 275 yards passing, 3 touchdowns and 1 interceptionRB Nyheim Hines, ColtsHow is it possible to criticize the Colts running attack, and the recommend a Colts running back? Well Black Jalen Ramsey Jerseys , consider this a recommendation for the desperate.Hines has at least shown some fantasy value. He is the third most targeted player on the team, registering 22 receptions for 119 yards and 2 touchdowns. If you’ve been hit by injuries and are looking for some production, pull Hines from the waiver wire.Projection: 15 rushing yard, 6 receptions for 70 yards RB Sony Michel, PatriotsMichel broke out last week with 25 rushes for 112 yards and one touchdown. He did this against a pretty run stout Miami defense. The Colts are fighting the injury bug on defense and it is quite possible the Patriots spend the 4th quarter just running out the clock.Projection:21 carries for 101 yards and 1 touchdown RB James White, PatriotsWhite had two touchdowns one via catching one via rushing. Expec the touchdown trend to continue this week. With Burkhead going on IR it seems like White is really taking a bigger role in the Pats offense. I expect another 8 targets in the passing game. Projection: 6 receptions for 75 yards and 1 touchdown along with 30 yards rushing on 6 attemptsWR Julian Edelman, Pats Tom Brady‘s favorite target is back and boy did he come back at the right time.The offense is lacking playmaking ability, and with Gronk injuring his ankle he might at best be limited. Open the flood gates of targets for Edelman. He will be a matchup nightmare for the Colts.Projection:10 receptions for 116 and 1 touchdown on 12 targetsWR Chester Rogers, Colts T. Y. Hilton is inactive with a hamstring pull. I expect Luck to target Rogers. Last week he went for 8 catches on 11 targets for 85 yards. This game could be very well be a catch-up mode game for the Colts so I expect Rogers to have a sneaky fantasy day. Projection: 7 receptions for 93 and 1 touchdownTE Eric Ebron, ColtsHe has scored in three of his first four games as a Colt, and I expect him to score in this game that could very well be a Patriots blowout. With Doyle inactive, Ebron will get the looks in a matchup that favors the tight end against a Patriots defense that does not guard the position well. Projection: 4 receptions for 42 yards and 1 touchdownPats Defense They are ranked 8th against the pass and the Colts can’t run the ball. So while Luck may get touchdowns I expect a good amount of sacks and turnovers. Projection: 24 points allowed with 3 turnovers and 4 sacksK Stephen Gostkowski, Pats The Colts gave up 37 points last week; so it’s safe to say their defense isn’t the best. I expect many kicking opportunities for Gostkowski. Projection: 2 for 2 on field goals and 4 extra pointsK Adam Vinatieri Jalen Ramsey Jerseys 2019 , Colts Seriously. Great night for kickers.He is currently averaging eight fantasy points per game this season and the Patriots happen to give up around 7.5 fantasy points per game to opposing Kickers. Pats also are a bend don’t break type of defense; so I project many field goal attempts Projection: 3 for 3 on field goals and 3 extra pointsSIT RB Jordan Wilkins, Colts I am very high on Wilkins; I said on my show way before he got drafted that he is someone to keep an eye on. He has potential but not in this game where the Colts could abandon the run early. Excluded from the passing attack, he is has no fantasy value. Projection: 8 attempts 61 yards WR Ryan Grant, Colts He will play a ton as Hilton is out but he is not worth the start. He had 7 targets last week catching 5 for 64 yards. However he dropped easy slant passes and it seams Rogers and Pascal have better roles in this offense. He will be fighting for targets and he is a risky play even for my tastes. Projection: 4 receptions for 62 yardsWR Chris Hogan, PatsHe had one catch last week!!!This was a guy I thought would breakout, especially with Edelman gone for the first four games, but he hasn’t.Dorset has been the guy and with Edelman returning I see him getting squeezed out of offense. Limited targets especially when you account for Josh Gordon. Wait and see how he is used. Projection: 4 receptions for 43 yardsWR Josh Gordon, Pats He definitely has more upside than Chris Hogan as he can easily take a catch to the house. I’m sitting him because I don’t know if he has yet to fully grasp the offense, and there is the question of his hamstring.I want to see how he is being used as Edelman is coming back to this offense. You might get a big play out of him and that may be worth the risk, but consider how happy Brady is to have Edelman back.Projection: 4 receptions for 65 yardsColts Defense Take a look at their inactive list. Did I mention Edelman? Projection: 35 points allowed, 2 sacks, 1 turnover |
|
| Strona 1 z 1 | Strefa czasowa: UTC [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ Update by http://www.luzaki.org |
|